Friday, November 4, 2011
The picture above is the edible cake with chocolate pieces from last years tournament. I've been told that Amy Nunn, the current Kentucky Woman's Champion has volunteered to make this years cake.
There will be a raffle again this year and no one will go home empty handed! You will want to buy as many tickets as you can afford as I have seen some of the prizes!
The same lady who cooked last year will be cooking again... sorry my mouth was watering at the thought and I needed a Kleenex.
Donations for the raffle will be accepted up to the morning of the tournament.
Per request; here are the particulars on the Veterans Tournament.
Nov. 5 Veteran's Appreciation Chess Tournament
4SS, G/45. Cox's Creek Elementary School; 5635 Louisville Rd., Cox's Creek, KY. EF: Free to Veterans. All others: $20 by Nov 1, $25 at site (Cash Only). $$/Guaranteed, 1st Open $150, 1st Under 1000 $100, other prizes based on entries. REG.: 9:00-9:45 am. RDS.: First round 10 am, others ASAP. ENT: Elizabethtown Chess Club; PO Box 266; Elizabethtown, KY 42702-0266, (270) 872-5078, Steve Parsons. INFO: http//etownchess.blogspot.com.
The prize money is guaranteed and may be augmented depending on entry's.
Directions to playing site from E-town:
1. Start out going northeast on N Mulberry St/US-62 E/KY-61 N toward Plum Aly. 2.1 mi
2. Merge onto I-65 S toward Nashville.
If you reach Howell Dr you've gone about 0.3 miles too far
3. Take the Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway exit, EXIT 93, toward Bardstown/Lexington. 0.9 mi
4. Merge onto Martha Layne Collins Blue Grass Pky E. 19.6 mi
5. Take the US-31E exit, EXIT 21, toward Bardstown/Hodgenville. 0.4 mi
6. Turn left onto US-31E/New Haven Rd. Continue to follow US-31E. 2.1 mi
7. Turn slight right onto W Stephen Foster Ave/US-31E.
W Stephen Foster Ave is 0.1 miles past Muir Ave
8. Enter next roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto US-31E. 5.8 mi
9. [5716-5765] LOUISVILLE RD.
Your destination is 0.1 miles past Wheeler Wright Ln
If you reach Creek Pointe Dr you've gone a little too far
[5716-5765] Louisville RdCoxs Creek, KY 40013
**Moved to the top of the page by author to facilitate finding the tournament info for tomorrow.