2013 Championship

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 19th Meeting



While some don't need to leave home to get their "Chess Fix" most of us prefer to square off face to face over the board.

Tuesday night saw eight combatants marshaling their armies over the 64 square battle field. I only know of one rated game; an important one for our first time visitor James Pittman, who played his first USCF rated game after Johnny went on line to secure his USCF membership. Bob Kilmer proved a worthy opponent in James P's baptism by fire and graciously reviewed the game after winning.

Another milestone occurred as for the first time (other than a tournament) the Club was graced by two lovely players of the fairer sex! I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope this trend continues.

No ladder changes occurred to my knowledge. For the record the attendees were: Amy, Stephanie, Bob, James P., James W., Jerry, Johnny, and Rudy.

No comments: